Speak Up Main Contact Registration
Happy Thursday to all of our followers!
Below you will find information regarding the importance of designating a person as a Main Contact for your school/district in regards to Speak Up Surveys.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. We hope you find this information helpful!
Don't forget to register for Speak Up 2013, and vote for Project Tomorrow's CEO Julie Evans' panel at the SXSWEdu conference.
-The Project Tomorrow Team
Thank you for your interest in Speak Up!
Speak Up provides an easy way for students, parents, educators and community members to participate in your local decisions about technology, as well as contribute to the state and national dialogue about educational technology. As the primary contact for your district, school or organization you will be in charge of the promotion and encouragement of the survey at your selected organizational level. In return, you will receive free, online access to your aggregated results with state and national comparisons in February 2014.
The Speak Up Promotional materials page (http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/promo.html) offers convenient tools for helping make Speak Up a success in your district. You can find promotion flyers for posting at each school, informational flyers for your stakeholders, lesson plans for teachers, a banner ad to place on your website, sample emails, tweets and blog posts for encouraging participation and more.
Benefits of designating a primary contact:
- Gain administrative access by assigning your district (or school) an organizational login password (administrative password), which allows you to
- Update district or school contact information.
- Assign individual student survey passwords to schools .(*optional)
- Assign school primary contacts to facilitate the survey taking process at the school level. (*optional)
- Have the ability to monitor district/school’s survey counts at any time through the main contact login.
- View your district and school data once it becomes available *administrative password is required to view data results.
- Ensure confidentiality of your surveys with your students by assigning a survey “secret password” for students to use to take the survey. *Educators and parents are no longer required to enter a password to take the survey.
- Receive weekly emails with up to date participation numbers by school and/or district (option to opt out of emails during registration process).
- Receive an email from Project Tomorrow when your Speak Up local data becomes available.
- Keep up to date on other important updates during the survey process.
Types of Primary Contacts:
District- Has access to all schools within the district. Will only need to assign one contact for the district. The district assigned passwords (administrative and survey) will work for all schools within that district.
School- Access to an individual school site. This is optional. Can assign individual school level passwords different from the district passwords (district passwords will work in addition to school level passwords).
Private School- Access to your individual school. If you would like to group a set of private schools to receive a grouped dataset much like the district level reports, please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com.
Organization – Please contact the Speak Up Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to help set up your registration.
International school- Access to your individual school. If you would like to group a set of schools to receive a grouped dataset much like the district level reports, please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com.
Information needed to register:
- Email address
- An organizational login password (to view weekly survey counts and other important updates during the survey period)
- Student Survey password (secret word students will use to access the survey*Main contact information will need to be renewed for each survey year.